Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back to work

Today Justin and I are back to work at MVCA. It's a little bit weird to be back here, being back sort of makes Central America feel like it was only a dream.

I've been thinking about something. I am very careful about what i watch on television. We don't have one, but I do watch them occasionally at a hotel, or a friends' house or wherever. And, even though I protect my eyes and ears from violence, vulgarity, etc. I can't escape the American message. Bigger...better...faster....more is better. Take a cooking show...a harmless cooking show. It tells you-you need more dishes, more table cloths, more parties, fancier food. Or TLC...a show about decorating makes you crave a different house. A show about fashion; whatever it is, it always has the same message! YOU NEED THIS. No wonder other countries ask us for money when we visit. Look what they see of us on tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment