Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nicaragua parte dos

So, after a year away from this blog, we are firing it back up for our next trip to Nicaragua. We will only be gone 9 days this time instead of 23, so it won't be as long but we did want to let you know what's going on down there. I'll encourage Dan to write on here too so you can here different perspectives.
So far, Praise the Lord we have raised $3200 for our trip! We raised $1000 of that just yesterday! We were getting a little worried, but the Lord has provided for us once again. This year lots more people will be joining us there, which I personally (Emily) am very excited about. My old college roommate Emily Brooks and her husband Jeff from Connecticut will be meeting us in Miami, a man named Chris and his two sons age 12 and 13 from Virginia, my parents, our housemate Dan, and my parents neighbor Nicole. So, it will be neat to see how the Lord uses different people's giftings. Also, I am glad to know what to expect a little better this time so I know how to pack, and have less anxiety :)
We are gathering lots of art supplies, toiletries, and have ordered 192 books in Spanish called At the Altar of Sexual Idolotry to leave for the pastors there. They have so few resources on how to help people struggling with sexual sin, yet it is so common!
More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment