Thursday, June 17, 2010

About the pictures...this is Emily

So, two days ago while Justin was speaking, the rest of us took a trip by a factory....which is a loose term, because as you can see they are making the cookies in giant handmade ovens. But, for here it is a huge company. It was so hot in that room I can¨t imagine working there! First, a few women boil and cool corn, then they mash it up, mix the cookies, put them in those wood burning stoves, and after that they have four people in a room count them and put them in bags. And, they sell at gas stations and all over the place. They sometimes donate food to the Kids of Cascabel, so that is why we stopped there. We prayed with them. On our way there was got to ride on a rickshaw or a tricycle thing. Ben and I had thought it would be fun to pay the guy, but then ask if we could actually do the work of riding the bike. His guy let him, but my guys tires were so flat I knew I couldn{t make the bike move!

My parents just left for their flight back to the United States and we are off to El Salvador today. Please pray for our safety, as it is not as safe as here.

You can see a picture of the bathrooms at the schools in one of these pictures. Soap, water, tp not included! The doors don't actually fit in the door frames, so modesty is a joke.

Call me a rich American, but I like toilet paper AND soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment